Celebrating Dartmouth’s Local Businesses
In recent years downtown Dartmouth has taken on an identity of its own.
Dartmouth has grown to be an exciting and hip community of entrepreneurs with an ever growing number of restaurants, retailers and craftspeople offering up incredible services, wears and eats. New businesses are popping up all the time, striving to give back to the community that they cherish and are proud to call home. Kings Wharf is happier than ever to be a part of this community and foster the growth of these new and exciting establishments. This month we celebrate those businesses and all that downtown Dartmouth has to offer. From fine foods to fine haircuts, everything you need is just around the corner. Here are a few of our recommendations:
1. Lucky Cat Barber Shop. There is no luck involved with the amazing haircuts that Logan, Ashley and Neil offer up. With a retro-70s-living-room-feel and a hot cup of Anchored coffee while you wait, Lucky Cat is the perfect space to have your mop chopped in style. Book online: https://www.luckycatbarbershop.com/ or Call: (902) 461-0402 to set up your next haircut!
2. Il Trullo Ristorante. Located at Kings Wharf, Il Trullo offers Southern Italian cuisine in an authentic and relaxed environment. With a panoramic view of Halifax, enjoy delicious food as you gaze at the sunset in what is a truly magical dinning experience.
3. Grund Jewelry. With over 19 years of experience, Dana Grund’s jewelry is as breathtaking as it is meaningful. Whether you’re getting ready for that special day or celebrating a significant event, Dana will work with you to design and create a very special piece.
4. Yeah Yeahs Pizza recently opened its doors in May 2017 above the Two If By Sea Cafe on Ochterloney st. Yeah Yeahs is all about that crispy chew in the dough and perfectly balanced toppings. Inspired by the vibe of a classic New York slice spot, Yeah Yeahs not only serves up delicious pizzas (18 inch and slices) but is also an extremely welcoming and fun environment; complete with a VHS collection that will have you reminiscing. Insider tip: Be sure to try the homemade lemonade; it’s the best kept secret in town.
5. The Watch That Ends The Night. This beautifully curated restaurant and cocktail bar in the Anchorage building right here at Kings Wharf offers up a wide variety of delicious dishes and one of the most impressive cocktail lists in HRM. No detail at The Watch has been overlooked; from the lighting to the ice to the service, you will be left feeling comfortable and well taken care of. Its the perfect place to unwind after a long day at the office or indulge in an amazing feast with a loved one. Here are a few exciting things the Watch has on offer: Every Wednesday night take in some live jazz from 7-10 PM. Every Tuesday night is Dartmouth Date night, complete with candles and a free dessert with every bottle of wine purchased. March 16 and 17 enjoy a special St. Patricks day menu. March 18 join The Watch for Vol. 3 of their Four Hands dinner series with guest chef Jonathan Canning.
For more info on The Watch, their menu and upcoming events head over to: https://www.thewatchthatendsthenight.com